Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
John Goldstein Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

CP 18 AM Push adapter fails if AM version does not equal 9.50

Jump to solution

The problem is in Content Pack 18 the AM Push adapter scripts added a field mapping for globalId to the following tables: amPortfolio, amAsset, amExtensionCard, amLogicalDrive, amNetworkCard, amPhysicalDrive. The field mapping uses a property is-valid="AMPushFunctions.useGlobalId()" to dynamically map or not the field based on whether the AM version is equal to 9.50. In my tests this property did not work when used inside tags <target_mapping>. This property is ignored and the probe server sends the field mapping in the results tree to the Asset Manager server and this causes an error message similar to: Caused by: Error (12,001): Field 'GlobalId' is unknown in table 'Network cards (amNetworkCard)'.

The referenced table will vary but will be one of the tables listed above that has the globalId field added in AM version 9.50.

Is anyone using Content Pack 18 on UCMDB 10.11 or UCMDB 10.22 and is running the AM Push job to a version of AM that is not 9.50?

Did you run in to this issue and if so how did you fix it?

Currently I have worked around this issue by commenting out the lines that map globalId in the pushMappingAMComputer.xml file.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member.. Hristova
Established Member..

Re: CP 18 AM Push adapter fails if AM version does not equal 9.50

Jump to solution

Here is the Change Request created for future tracking and implementation: QCCR1H106989  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ricardo_G_UCMDB Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes this issue happen with the AM version 9.50 and CP18. To solved this issue you need to do an upgrade of the AM version 9.50. 

Please let me know if you have any question about it. 

Thank you,

Kind Regards.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

So what you are saying is that CP18 Asset Manager Push adapter does not work if my Asset Manager is less than 9.50? Is this documented somewhere because I did not see this in the release notes?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi John,

The is-valid attribute for the target_mapping element is added in UCMDB 10.20. I will check if it is supported in UCMDB 10.11. If you are running CP18 on UCMDB 10.22, it should not have the problem. Could you let me know what UCMDB version you use?

Thanks,

Leslie

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am running CP18 on UCMDB 10.11 CUP 7.

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

This has been confirmed to be a product issue and will start acting on it immediately.

Should you require a hotfix, please open a case with support and indicate it.

Once the CR is created, I will share it in the tread accordingly.

Thanks.
Veselka

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Here is the Change Request created for future tracking and implementation: QCCR1H106989  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.