Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

CP 26 installation error

Jump to solution

HI ,

I just install the CP 26 on my environmnet and after the installation when i checked the mam.packaging log.

In that i can find the errors which is in the attached file. I don't understand this is the new version and still it says that it found this in DB . I didn't get this.

2018-04-13 13:25:28,245 INFO [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Found CP version [] on the file system that does not exist in the DB - uploading.....
2018-04-13 13:25:33,464 ERROR [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Content pack file D:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\bin\..\content\content_packs\162bec08372_CP_26.zip is invalid

Regards

Ayush

Labels (1)
0 Likes
31 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes 

OPtion i choose 

SkipIndexRebuild True

SkipCloumnRebuild True

Preview mode true

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What would happen if you chose PreviewMode false?
I can't be that direct, now can I?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I invoked the function with preview mode false. the result i got is attached but still i am not able to see the properties of CI in the UI.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Ok, that means that it added those columns to the CDM_Unix_1 table.

Check again to see if it permanent and try to deploy again CP26. Probably you have other such inconsistencies.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HI 

One question i know this will sound like a childish one but right now i am on CP 26 and can i again installed the same CP in this current version or do i have to revert back.

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

use form JMX redeployContentPack

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

I tried to redeploy the CP and after execution the error i got on the jmx are  

******** Errors in package CMKpiAdapter.zip, [105004] Unsupported CMDB version. : ********

******** Errors in package CMPolicyAdapter.zip, [105004] Unsupported CMDB version. : ******** 

******** Errors in package hidden UIDecoration.zip, [105004] Unsupported CMDB version. : ********

Also in the error log that error still persist and i checked the rebuildModelDBSchemaAndViews.

It shows the same 4 columns name in that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The 3 errors are covered by the Release Notes, it's normal.

The failing add step for those columns may reveal actually some deeper problems for permissions.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Permission problem i didn't get you by this.Usually while installing either we get error of particular package doesn't get installed or something mismatch.How can i make this correct or do i need to revert back the CP installation

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Content packs will deliver new CITs or new attributes. This translates in new DB tables or new table columns. This implies add or update operation of on the DB structure. What fails on your side is the step of adding a column for node CIT. It's important to see why you can't add that column.  Maybe the cmdb.dal.log will reveal a failure to alter the DB structure hence I presumed that improper DB permissions may be implied.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi 

I was checking the log in the time frame when i first installed the CP. I have the below from different logs.

cmdb.dal.server:

2018-04-20 17:14:22,431  WARN   [Controller] - Attempt to add periodic task has failed, as task already exists: urm statistics 

cmdb.dal.error:

2018-04-20 17:48:49,202 ERROR [qtp1966253186-378] - 457619404 347378885 1025119386 1021778822 Can't execute statement [ALTER TABLE CDM_INSTALLED_SOFTWARE_1 ALTER COLUMN A_INSTALLATION_PACKAGE_TYPE numeric(11)], due to exception: java.sql.SQLTimeoutException: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Execution timeout expired.

2018-04-20 17:53:34,658 ERROR [qtp1966253186-2128] - 1245111676 1040549459 Can't execute prepared statement [SELECT NT_1.CMDB_ID, NT_1.A_HOST_ISVIRTUAL, NT_1.A_DISPLAY_LABEL FROM NT_1, #CDM_TMP_OBJID WHERE #CDM_TMP_OBJID.CMDB_ID = NT_1.CMDB_ID], due to exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name 'NT_1'.

upgrade.detailed:

2018-04-20 17:25:52,288 INFO [qtp1966253186-382] (ClassModelChangesUtil.java:190) - ---> OOTB class model changes has been found: jar:file:/D:/HP/UCMDB/UCMDBServer/lib/app-infra.jar!/upgrade/sp_bdm_changes.xml
2018-04-20 17:25:52,293 INFO [qtp1966253186-382] (ClassModelChangesUtil.java:212) - ---> Class model changes to be loaded from jar:file:/D:/HP/UCMDB/UCMDBServer/lib/app-infra.jar!/upgrade/sp_bdm_changes.xml
2018-04-20 17:25:52,754 INFO [qtp1966253186-382] (ClassModelChangesUtil.java:220) - ---> Content pack class model changes to be loaded from D:\HP\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\bin\..\content\content_packs\CP_25.zip

Attaching the mam.packaging log also 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Seems pretty clear. The upgrader failed to alter those tables due to a timeout. The OOTB timeout is 10 minutes. There are ways to increase it. It's interesting why it took so much to alter the tables.

1. create file <cmdb>\conf\jdbc.properties
2. Add into file:
SQLServer = ddmssql
ddmssql.QueryTimeout = 3600

ORACLE

Create a file jdbc.properties in ‘conf’ folder containing lines:
Oracle=ddoracle
ddoracle.QueryTimeout=3600

restart the UCMDB server\cluster and try again to redeploy the CP from JMX.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.