***problems when deploying cp28 in UCMDB 10.33 - CP 24***

I try to deploy CP 28 in my environment but I run into the following problems:

cp28.PNG

or

cp28_2.PNG

I also find this:

cp28_3.PNG

---mam.packaging.log ---

2018-10-20 10:57:46,021 INFO [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Found CP version [] on the file system that does not exist in the DB - uploading.....
2018-10-20 10:57:46,021 ERROR [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Content pack zip file E:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\bin\..\content\content_packs\CP28_installation (1) was not found
2018-10-20 10:57:46,021 ERROR [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Failed uploading CP version [] to the DB
java.lang.NullPointerException

2018-10-20 10:58:16,009 ERROR [UCMDB - global framework scheduler] - Cannot find the content pack zip, or a package inside it java.io.FileNotFoundException: ..\content\content_packs\CP28_installation (1) (Access is denied)

I do not understand why this happens?

Regards.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CP 28 deploy error

• Hi there Marsella,

well, you checked at least 3 out of 5 steps that you should have avoided. No problem, you can recover.

In 10.33 we sync from disck content\content_packs verything to the DB table Content_Packs so whatever you put there on the disk in 3-5 seconds it will be synched to the DB. It works for valid CP zip files and anyother kind of files. In the screenshot you have the OOTB CP_24.zip and CP28.zip. The rest of them ar junk and shouldn't be there. If you just delete them they will be downloaded from the DB also.

Follow the instructions from KM00583740 (related https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/CP-version-failed-to-upload-in-the-DB/td-p/1634240 and the older https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/uCMDB-Support-Tip-Failed-uploading-CP-version-to-the-DB/td-p/292034)

To make it simpler:

• stop the UCMDB server
  • delete from content\content_packs evrything except CP_24.zip and CP28.zip (make sure that both of the files vahe a version.dat file inside them at the first level, no directories involved, CP_24.zip will be your guide as it's OOTB)
  • truncate the DB table CONTENT_PACKS
  • start UCMDB server

When the server will start you will have the zip files only on the disk and you will notice in mam.packaging.log that they will be uploaded to the emtpy DB table. Once the server is up and running you can deploy CP28.

The UI OutOfMemory is a side effect of the improper files. We also recommend using the Local Client for the UI deployment part.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan, thanks for your contribution.

you know if it is possible to run truncate with the Database Tool? and How should I have avoided these 3 steps?
which are the other two?

Enhance newDBtool to truncate the content_packs server DB table:

The workaround no exist: 
KM00583740

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The other 2 steps to avoid are improper permissions (on the disk and on the UCMDB service) and JVM crash during zip upload.

As I said before, you can open a Support case and mention this thread. We can provide the patch to truncate the CONTENTE_PACKS table via DBtool.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Seems I pasted the KM with the old hpe.com URL

This is the valid URL https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00583740

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.