NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

CPU Discovery Discrepency

I've noticed that I'm getting two different values for the total number of CPU's (physical) from two different jobs.  I have several cases where the Inventory by Scanner job has a different number than the Virtual Topology by VIM job.  We have compared the numbers with another discovery tool and it seems to confirm that the Virtual Topology by VIM number is correct.  We are on UCMDB v. 10.22 CUP 4, CP 20.  The server where the discrepency is, is a Windows 2008 Server.  Any ideas why we are getting different results?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

There were a lot of data retrieval problems and how the data was interpreted in that period of CP versions.
I would go for the latest CUP and at least CP25 on your env.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.