Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

CPU number and Disk size attributes for Server CIs

Hi,

I am using HP UD 10.10 CP: 13.0.1179 on Windows OS.

I need to get the following attributes for a CI

- CPU Number
 - Disk Size

I see that we have "Cpu" and "File System" CITs for the same but I am not able to figure out how can I relate these instances to the discovered CI and count the exact CPU number and Disk size for a particular CI.

Please can you help by providing inputs on how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

There are two ways to resolve this:

• Please enable the discoverCPUs and discoverDisks in the Properties of Host Applications by Shell job, then run this job to discover the Cpu and FileSystem CIs.
  • Run the Inventory Discover by Scanner job to discover these CIs.

Thanks,

Junjie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Junjie,

uCMDB is discovering the "Cpu" and "FileSystem" CITs but my problem is how can I relate these to "Node" CIT to get the "Number of CPUs" and "Total disk size" for a particular node. I have created custom attributes in "Node" CIT for them but dont know how can I populate them.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Enrichment capabilities do not provide a way to do so, but you can either create a jython-based enrichment ("discovery job" that would trigger on a Node, get relevant information from input TQL and update the Node) or get the data using reports (but only in the form of reports).

Regards,
Alex

mail: alexander.arkhireyev@gmail.com
LinkedIn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

If I understand your question you simply want to view CPU and Filesystems to a given node. 

To view in IT Universe Manager select the node and right click and select "get related" CI's. 

For reporting go to Modeling Studio and create a pattern view with CI Types Unix/Windows and add relationships for CPU and Filesystem. Then create the report. See attached.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I want to populate the data for CPU count and Disk size into the custom attributes which I have created in the Node CIT.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

can you please share the solution for this. I have a similar requirement

Sreek
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hello,

I also want to populate the total storage provisioned on server. Can yo uhelp to achieve this?

Thanks,

Deepak Patil

+91-8888817473

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.