Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

CallHomeEvent CIT not getting cleaned up

We are using UCMDB 10.11 CUP7 and CP14 update 6. We use the Inventory Discovery by Scanner and UD Agents for all our discovery. I have enabled the Call Home Processing job but it only processes and deletes some of the CallHomeEvent CIs and leaves others. I have looked for a cause in the CallHomeEvent CIs that remain but have not found a reason some are left unprocessed. I have found that if I start and stop the Call Home Processing job or restart the UCMDB server that the remaining CallHomeEvent CIs will eventually get processed but then the backlog will begin again.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior of having many remaining CallHomeEvent CIs even after running Call Home Processing?

Have you found a solution of how to have the Call Home Events processed in a timely manner?

We have many mobile client systems that we are trying to inventory with the UD scanner. The Call Home Event needs to get processed right away so that the parked Inventory Discovery by Scanner job has the latest IP address of those client systems. We are running the Call Home Processing job once an hour in order to catch those systems while they are still at the Call Home IP address. Having a Call Home Event CI that is even a day old is of little use in this scenario.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: CallHomeEvent CIT not getting cleaned up

Hello

It’s a known issue. Please upgrade to 10.20 (not sure about the exact version).
Please check the enrichement rule, there should be 1 rule named "deletecallhomeeventci", activate it and problem should be solved.

If you can not find this enrichement rule, please try to upgrade Cp, or open support ticket.

BR
dong-xu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Dong-XU,

First, thank you for replying!

Using the enrichment only partially removes the CIs because it is for deleting the CIs that no longer have a node associated with the event. In the screenshot below you see that it will delete 30 CIs but there are almost 300 CallHome Event Cis in the system.

UCMDB_Enrichment_DeleteCallHomeEventCi.png

I also don't want to just delete the CIs that are left but get them to be processed and sent to the probe servers in a timely manner. You say that this is a known problem, does this mean that it is fixed in a later version or is planned to be fixed in the future?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello

The enrichment will delete the garbage callhomeEvent. The garbage cis may cause by IP change frequently, in this manner it doesn’t make sense to consume all cis there.

It your Callhome Processing job is running, it should work. But if you get some meaningful callhomeevent stuck for very long time and can not deleted by the enrichment rule, better open a support ticket for analysis.

BR
dong-xu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.