Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Can UCMDB 10.01 discover Novell Servers

Hi Experts,

We are running UCMDB 10.01 and had couple of questions:

1) Can UCMDB 10.01 discover Novell Servers, if yes what protocols are required and how to do it?

2) Is it possible for UCMDB to discover .txt files from a particular server. (something like a configuration file)

Please advice.

Thank You.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Can UCMDB 10.01 discover Novell Servers

Hi,

For the file discovery, you might have a look at the File Monitor by Shell pattern located under the Tools and Samples / Discovery Tools folder. It lists folders and files on a target host and you can set initial folders to start out with.

As for the Netware discovery, I guess it depends what you want. Every TCP-IP capable device is discoverable to some extent on the first couple of OSI layers (ip, mac, ports and layer 2 connections). If it carries an SSH or Telnet shell, even better, then you can discover TCP services too.

However, if this concerns deep discovery of Netware hosts themselves, like Netware config, modules and things like that, I don't think there's a package for that, unless I'm mistaken. From the top of my head this would require a special JAR and some Python scripts. I'd advise you to post a question like this also on the Live Net and save it for the next practitioner's forum in 2 week's time (break at the moment). Maybe you'll get lucky and someone created a custom package.

Cheers,

-Rutger

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Rutger,

Thank you so much for your response. I will sure post my question on Live net too.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Team/Rutger,

I had a query with the file information system.

What do we have to do to build the Trigger Query?

We have a few server names like p-paulus.... /sbprod/psdbt/cronbackups

They are not txt files, however, all named .txt.  Here is an example of a filename: cron.backup.20111217_1118

Your thoughts please.

Regards

Mathew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Methew,

Please check attached screenshot. It shows parameter for File Monitor by Shell job. You have an option to choose the file extensions. You could try to use something like "backup*".

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.