Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Can configuration manager track windows KB changes?

ucmdb/cm 10.01 cup8 content pack 12.  NO advanced CM license, just the base ucmdb license.

How do I set up a gold master to test all exchange severs are are the right patch level

I set up a pattern view tql

Windows->Installed Software

windows properties Display Label likeEqual IgnoreCase "%hq-ex-%"

installed software Display Label  likeEqualIgnoreCase "KB%"

In total there are 10  servers and 3207 KBs (windows patch) 

There is in server (hq-ex-01) I want to use as the gold master and it has 318 KBs installed.

I want to check to ensure the other 9 servers have the same patches.

In CM I can manage the tql view created, but I cannot seem to be able to create baseline on a view, just a CI,

For example I can compare that the 9 server have similar CIs I cannot seem to apply this to a view.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Can configuration manager track windows KB changes?

Hello,

You may create such scenario. Please refer to page 344 of the UCMDB Modelling Guide (refer to attachment) for more details.

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Can configuration manager track windows KB changes?

Page 344 describes the ability to generate a gold master report in umdb not configuration manager.

Let me ask the question again.  In configuration manager is there an ability to:

1. bring a tql that contains a baseine exchange server and KBs (Installed software) and use this pattern view as  the gold master.

2. do an anlysis to ensure that a set of additional servers have the same patches per the baseline.

Question is can configuration manager, not ucmdb, provide the abiltiy to ensure all servers have the correct KB patches.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.