Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't open the HP UCMDB

Hi everyone,

Just want to ask if anyone knows the solution to my problem.
Currently I try to login to HP UCMDB, but it is loading for a very long time and didn't open the UCMDB.
What should I do ??
Is it has anything with my java configuration ??
For your information, i've updated my java plugin and try it to different browsers like Mozilla, Chrome and IE..

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Can't open the HP UCMDB

What version you're running?

What Java version you're running on?

Was it working before?

What the last change that was done before failure?

Could you connect to UCMDB localy from the server?

Please publish error.log from %TEMP%\UcmdbLog folder on the machine where you running browser.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version you're running?
version 9.05

What Java version you're running on?
Version 7 Update 25

Was it working before?
It was my first time trying it

Could you connect to UCMDB localy from the server?

Yes.

So, do you have any recommendation ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

It's not clear if you have CUPs installed on top of 9.05.

If you could open connection locally, the problem could be related to fact that  you need to use FQDN instead of hostname. Try both IP and FQDN. CHeck if you have LB in front.

If you from some reasons don't want to publish error.log, the best suggestion is to open support case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry. didn't notice your last sentence.
Here, this is my error.log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Somthing in between is killing the session. What kind of LB you're using? Any instrumentation tools?

Could you please open Java Console, press 5 for debug and publish java console log?

Did you raise the case with support?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm sorry.. but, for your information.. i'am a new employee.. there might many things that i didn't know..

What do you mean by LB andinstrumentation tools? can you give men an example

how can I open the java console ??

I sill did not raise the case with support.

'Thanks'

Regards
Fikri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

java console log

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Filkri,

Please contact me on my corporate email. I have an access to the system, and want to recreate the situation.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I found following in the server log:

2013-08-23 12:37:30,659 [Controller] (Controller.java:101) FATAL - Unexpected failure in customer 1, id name: Default Clientloop()
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalException: [ErrorCode [2] Couldn't connect to database]
Error getting connection from pool, due to exception: com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Unknown host: eitracp-scan02.eit.ssn.hp.com
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.ConnectionPoolManager.getTransactionalConnection(ConnectionPoolManager.java:545)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalTransaction.<init>(CmdbDalTransaction.java:19)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalTransactionManager.start(CmdbDalTransactionManager.java:20)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalJdbcDAO$CmdbDalDeadlockRetriable.performAction(CmdbDalJdbcDAO.java:115)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalJdbcDAO$CmdbDalDeadlockRetriable.performAction(CmdbDalJdbcDAO.java:105)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.doExecute(DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.java:37)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.AbstractRetriableExecutor.execute(AbstractRetriableExecutor.java:37)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalJdbcDAO.executeQuery(CmdbDalJdbcDAO.java:61)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalJdbcDAO.executeQuery(CmdbDalJdbcDAO.java:53)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.dao.DaoFactory$TransactionProxy.invoke(DaoFactory.java:125)
at $Proxy85.getAllCustomerRegistrations(Unknown Source)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.CustomerManager.getRegisteredCustomers(CustomerManager.java:205)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.CustomerManager.getClusterID(CustomerManager.java:127)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.Controller.isServerActive(Controller.java:137)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.Controller.customerLoop(Controller.java:112)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.Controller.loopIteration(Controller.java:99)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.instance.Controller.run(Controller.java:86)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Unknown host: eitracp-scan02.eit.ssn.hp.com

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.