Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Changing CIT base on OID

We have alot of node classified as netdevice from our integration with solarwind. All the node have oid and model, vendor atrribute. I want to normalized these into correct CIT (switch, router, etc) base on the OID. 

Is there a automatic way to do this? With enrichment we cant change CIT. And these are non discoverable node. 

Is there a way to run the normalization package on these node? and have ucmdb change it CIT?

Thank

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Changing CIT base on OID

We are on UD 10.01 CUP7 with CP12 update 8
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

You have an option to add new normalization rules. You'll need to do this one by one for every OID your have. In some cases, there is an option to shortcut by family memeber, but it's all up to MIB.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted

How do we run these normalization rule? if these netdevice are not discoverable? We can't run discovery on these netdevice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Normalization rule running on any data-in operation, not only data comming from discovery.

To check what we have at the moment:

- go to the JMX-Console http://<Server>:<port>/jmx-console and navigate to the UCMDB:service=Normalization Rule Base Services and run the viewNormalizationRules mbean with the following values:

customerID: 1

inputAttributes: sys_object_id;.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.469*

Pay attention to heading "."

As result you'll see what system is currently have for specific OID.

I'll let you know if customer facing documentation for changing/adding normalization rules is available.

Please pay attention to fact, that ANY data comming to UCMDB is going through normalization rules. So, you need to be extremely caution changing or adding anything here. The UCMDB behaviour on post updated system will be in custoemr responsibility...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes please, can you forward me to any documentation available for normailzation.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Dima,

Can you confirm this? http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00364592

Base on the KM only data flowing throgh the DFP can activate the rule engine. How about data coming from connect-it? Would these go straight in without using the rule engine? if so is there a way we can make it so that it use the rule engine?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm confirming. I'm not sure how Connect-It inserting the data, but I guess it's over API (web services is an API flavor).

Since the normalization is running on the probe side, only data comming from there is affected.

Why to use Connect-it?

What technology on the other side is?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted

We used connect-it to push over data from Solarwind....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

How Connect-It connecting to Solarwind? What technology is in use?

I'm trying to check if same integration could be done by UCMDB itself...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted

through Database...we could use ucmdb datbase adapter but I just don't have the knowledge to do that right now

0 Likes
Highlighted

Is there any documentation you can forward regarding normalization? 

Also does the JMX search function only search the OIDToHostClass.xml?

I created another xml file call userDefined.xml under ruleEngine. And tried to search for the oid using the JMX search that you stated above. But it doesn't return any result from the userDefined.xml just result from the OIDToHostClass.xml

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.