Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Citrix discovery

Hi. I was hoping there was a way to discover Citrix servers in uCMDB like the way we can discover VMware Vcenter. I've heard it was possible in a earlier version, so if someone can point me in the right direction on how to do this discovery i'll be happy.

The servers are all discovered through VMware Vcenter and WMI/NTCMD, but i want to see or be able to put servers together in clusters/farms etc. so i can run an Impact Analysis and see what happends when i simulate one out of eg ten servers giong down, the farm is still up.

Jorn

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Citrix discovery

Hi,

The ER for Citrix Discovery is logged in already.

You could track the status at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H79754.

The decision on implementation is on Product Management team.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am currently working at a customer who has the need for a citrix discovery as well. Is there any progress to report on this discovery?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

As an idea , i think you have to make modeling to your Citrix servers.
means that you can discover the servers through the ucmdb standard jobs and then make a model under the business services called Citrix service including your farm
then you can configure an impact analysis role based in that view to specify exactly if 50% from those servers are down so still the farm is up , just as an example

hope this can help you
Thank you
Haytham Hosny
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.