Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Cloned UDA agents

I am concerned that I have some UDA agents that have been cloned within our environment and I'm trying to create a report to identify.  I know that there is a unique UDA ID but can't seem to find the attribute to query against.  I don't believe it is the global ID attribute under the UDA CIT but not sure.  Can someone confirm which attribute I'm looking for?

Thanks,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Cloned UDA agents

The attribute is ud_unique_id and you can find it on the Node CIT:
UdUniqueIdUdUniqueId

You must have a UD Agent installed on the host and you can discover the value with jobs: Inventory Discovery by Scanner, UDA Status Collector and Host Connection by Shell.

You will not populate Ud Unique Id with job Inventory Discovery by Manual Scanner.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Cloned UDA agents

If you have unique id cloned, you will be merging the Nodes into one Ci, since the unique id is reconciliation key. You can often identify sevrers merged if you find nodes with many IPAddresses connected. Then you can check the ci history of the node and see if there is a name  attribute change.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.