Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Communication Between Probe and UCMDB/RTSM server , Architecture of Internal UCMDB

All,

I have doubt regarding the communication between probe and UCMDB server , what I have understand from the Deployment guide is Probe  communicates to UCMDB on port 8080 , Does the communication happens Bidirectional ?

And Probe communicates to the RTSM e on port 80 or 8080 ? I have got this doubt because all the data collectors talk to BSM(RTSM) on port 80.

And Regarding the  architecture of UCMDB  which is the internal application and webserver  server  of UCMDB ?

It will be great  help if you can answer these question , i need these inputs for a Design document ...

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Communication Between Probe and UCMDB/RTSM server , Architecture of Internal UCMDB

Hi,

Probe is connecting to UCMDB according following settings in C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\conf\DataFlowProbe.properties configuration file:

# Can be either HTTP or HTTPS
appilog.agent.probe.protocol = HTTP

# Name of the Server machine to which this probe reports
serverName = YOUR_UCMDB_HOSTNAME

# Ports used for HTTP/s traffic
serverPort = 8080
serverPortHttps = 8443

UCMDB server is preparing list of taks for probe. Probe once in a while (AFAIK every 5 seconds) connecting to UCMDB to check is something awaiting in the queue.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Communication Between Probe and UCMDB/RTSM server , Architecture of Internal UCMDB

Hi Dima,

Thanks for your reply , this clears all my doubts regarding the communication.

Can you also  tell me  what is the internal UCMDB architecture  , i would like to know what is the application server/webserver of  UCMDB?

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

from my understanding the application server is a JBoss and Apache is used as web server. and yes, the probe used port 8080 to communicate with the uCMDB server as described int the Data Flow Management Guide on page 43. this would be the same for RTSM when the probe is connected to RTSM for integration purpose. indeed most data collectors like BPM and SiS are using port 80 to communicate with the BSM Gateway Server.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

UCMDB 9.X and north use Jetty.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.