Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Configuration Manager Integration Points Errors - Access is denied

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having problem starting two default CM integration points in Integration Studio.

• Configuration Manager KPI Adapter
  • Configuration Manager Policy Adapter

When I try Test Connection option from Integration Studio for both points I', getting this error message:

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [800] Couldn't connect
to Integration{Configuration Manager KPI Adapter, CMKpiAdapter, null}]
Integration[Configuration
Manager KPI Adapter]: Unable to connect to the Configuration Manager server. The current user does
not have authorization to access to the Configuration Manager server.

--- Start of probe-side exception
---
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.AdapterAccessCommunicationException: [ErrorCode [800] Couldn't
connect to Integration{Configuration Manager KPI Adapter, CMKpiAdapter,
null}]
Integration[Configuration Manager KPI Adapter]: Unable to connect to the Configuration
Manager server. The current user does not have authorization to access to the Configuration
Manager server.
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessCommunicationException(ExceptionConverter.java:293)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:104)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.createAdapterAccessException(ExceptionConverter.java:67)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:74)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:27)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:64)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor65.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(MethodUtil.java:71)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(MethodUtil.java:275)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:112)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:46)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:237)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)
at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:801)
at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:292)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy48.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
--- End of probe-side exception ---

UCMDB and CM versions are 10.22 CUP2 with CP19.

IP's and User credentials were created during CM installation process. I tried to log in in CM with this credentials and everything is fine.

Interesting thing thaht destination value is null.

Any ideas what may causing this problem?

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Configuration Manager Integration Points Errors - Access is denied

Jump to solution

Hi,

1. The UCMDB is configured with multi tenant (MT)? If so this is an then we already have an CR and an solution/workaround.

When UCMDB is MT and CM is installed the user created on CM install is not created corectly as it does not set up the asigned tenant. To solve this issue please check the cm integration user and for that user set up tenant owner and tenant uses (I would recommand to run CM reconfiguration and so CM restart as the new user  settings needs to be reflected in CM as well)

2.The user set up in the integration is LDAP user? Can you please test with out of the box sysadmin user (set it in the integration point configuration).

3.Are there any errors in the <CM folder>\_installation\logs? I am asking since the install was done and the first test is done using sysadmin and using this user the CM installer creates new user with superadmin role and this new user is used in the UCMDB-CM comunication.

4.There is also the pasword policy functionality. When on true when CM is installed it will require user with an password that is according to the policy (contains upper and lower and number and special char) but this would reflect in errors in the _installation\logs. 

Hope this helps in solving the issue.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Hope you are more thna great, 

For this kind of issues I recommend to open a case with support team, they will help you on Web-Ex if you prefer. 

Please let me know if you have another question. 

Thank you,

Kind Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

as we are not HP SW Gold Partner our SAID ban us from opening HP Support tickets..

We are Silver 😞

This is why I'm posting it here.

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

1. The UCMDB is configured with multi tenant (MT)? If so this is an then we already have an CR and an solution/workaround.

When UCMDB is MT and CM is installed the user created on CM install is not created corectly as it does not set up the asigned tenant. To solve this issue please check the cm integration user and for that user set up tenant owner and tenant uses (I would recommand to run CM reconfiguration and so CM restart as the new user  settings needs to be reflected in CM as well)

2.The user set up in the integration is LDAP user? Can you please test with out of the box sysadmin user (set it in the integration point configuration).

3.Are there any errors in the <CM folder>\_installation\logs? I am asking since the install was done and the first test is done using sysadmin and using this user the CM installer creates new user with superadmin role and this new user is used in the UCMDB-CM comunication.

4.There is also the pasword policy functionality. When on true when CM is installed it will require user with an password that is according to the policy (contains upper and lower and number and special char) but this would reflect in errors in the _installation\logs. 

Hope this helps in solving the issue.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Razvan.

Than you for your replay.

1. No MT is not enabled.

2. LDAP is not enabled. I created new test IP for CM KPI Adapter and used sysadmin user. Connection was successful! 🙂

3. No errors in install log.

Summary
-------

Installation: Successful.

1536 Successes
0 Warnings
0 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

4. It crossed my mind but after installation. 🙂 I disabled the policy in Infra Settings (after installation).

So does this problem is combination of 3 and 4? Why CM installation can create user that doe not meet password policy. I entered policy but without special character (8 characters, one big letter, one number my password meet this requirements).

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Razvan,

FYI 😄

After successful IP start there are still those errors present in our LAB (last version UCMDB 10.22 CUP2 CP19) environment installation.

"ErrorCode [802] General Integration Error{Configuration Manager Policy Adapter"

I'm attaching amber_general.log if you are interested. I added extension png because I can not attach text nor zip.

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Damirche,

That is good news. So yes indeed the issue is caused by 3 and 4.

If password policy is enabled(true) no one can create user that does not meet the required standard (not from UCMDB UI of jmx…). CM also can not create that user since password is not compliant. I would have expected to see some errors/warnings in the install logs. There are multiple logs in there (maybe errors are in _sp_installation; logs from 10.22 CUP and CUP2)  can you please check those also.

I can not see the amber_general.png but I think I know what the issue is (also known issue).

The good news is that now everything is working ok. The user created by CM is the same as sysadmin so there is no point of creating new one (sysadmin can be used) if everything is working ok.

Now to solve the general error you get now. Out of the box UCMDB has CI types that are managed and for some CI types there are attributes of type string_list or enumeration type that are managed and comparable. These types of attributes are not supported in CM and so when the offline process runs every 10 minutes the general integration error is generated. To solve this and get rid of the error please check what policies are active in CM and for the views on which the policies are applied check the CI type attributes in UCMDB. I presume that for Windows and Unix as these are the out of the box ones and those have attributes of type string_list and enum that are comparable and managed. Go to UCMDB UI in CI Type Managed on Node or on each class and uncheck the managed and comparable attributes that are string list or enum.

Regards,

Razvan Bolocan.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Razvan.

Strange thing is that CM installation managed to create user that does not meet password policy. As I sad password was without special character. Special character in default password policy is required.

I checked CUP's install log and there is also no errors.

Try to rename attached amber_generel.png to amber_general.log or try to open it with Notepad++. It works for me.

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi Damirche,

The error is an general error thrown by CM. I have seen similar errors when CM offline process runs (every 10 minutes) and it tries to analyze the CIs and policies and... and it incounters the attributes that have string list or enum type. CM does not know how to read them and so it gets null pointer exception.

Also another reason why this is encountered is when you have policies that are enabled but not applied to any views so when it tries to  run offline processes it throws null pointer exception.

So as before please  remove/uncheck the attributes that are managed and comparable (only for attributes of type string list and enum). by going to UCMDB CI type manager and for example for Windows there is node_role attribute that is managed and comparable but it is of type enumeration.

Also make sure that policies are applied to views. Go into CM in the Policy section and the ones that are not grayed out (those are active) make sure that views are added in the views section or just disable them by unchecking the active from  option.

Regards,

Razvan Bolocan.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.