Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Configuration Manager performance

Hello,

Do you have any pointers to improve performance of Configuration Manager?

On our platform it runs quite slow, takes quite some time to refresh.

From one of the CM users:

"it happens mostly in Changes pane (config manager) - sometimes views are not refreshed for some time. Then I try to force this in jmx console. Sometimes it helps, sometimes I still have to wait. In the meantime I am being disconnected, have to re-log, sometimes connection error messages are popping up (will make screens when it happens again). Now I have access Reports pane, tried to enter existing report and that is what I have: "A general error has occured. Contact your sys admin".

Is this recognizable behaviour?

Is there anything we can do on a platform or network level?

(Dis)Advantages virtualized system versus physical setup?

What are realistically recommended settings platform wise, like RAM, disk, CPU etc? Currently we run CM on a virtualized Oracle Linux system, with 16GB of RAM, 4 CPUs, 24 GB swap and 60GB of disk space.

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Configuration Manager performance

Rutger;

What version of UCMDB and CM are you running?  I don't think the resources are a constraint for you.  Are you seeing any errors on the CM side?

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UCMDB server is at 10.01 CUP8 CP12.

CM is at 10.01 CUP8 build 74.

Some errors from amber_general attached.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Rutger;

I saw this in the logs:

2014-06-13 12:10:05,942 ERROR   User:              CM     generalTaskExecuterJobDetail     ws71          BatchViewTaskExecuterImpl.run
TaskOnViews:78           Failed to analyzing view All My Windows Servers, message: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
com.hp.ucmdb.api.CommunicationException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

It seems to indicate there is some communication issues between CM and UCMDB.  If you run ping -n 10000, what kind of percentage fail?  (just testing the connectivity between the two)... are they installed somewhere near eachother?

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Keith,

ping SERVER -s 10000 runs fine. No dropped packets. Some small delays, however never more than half a second and this only infrequently.

I will open a case for this.

Thanks,

Rutger

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.