Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Configuration for running software on Linux using UCMDB 2019.05

I am running UCMDB 2019.05, CP 2019.08 on Windows 2016.

My configuration on UCMDB 10.22 for finding puppet running on Linux systems is working fine, but I cannot get UCMDB 2019.05 to discover puppet running on Linux systems (UCMDB does discover that the Puppet agent is installed).  I have what I did on UCMDB 10.22 and looking at the documentation, but so far no luck.

This is what I have done:

In discovery modules I drill to Inventory Discovery by Scanneer

In the properties I click override for discoverRunningSW and added Puppet-Agent to the list

In global configuration files I edit applicationsSignature.xml

I created  a Software Signature ID of Puppet-Agent in category Monitoring, CI Type RunningSoftware, Product Name Puppet-Agent.  In identifying processes I have name ruby,ports all and command line /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/bin/ruby.

My notes have me removing the Inventory Discovery by Scanner Job in existing jobs/zones.  I don't recall doing that and I have created new zones after the modifications above and they still don't discover the puppet agent working.

Did my notes skip a step.  The manual has the same steps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mel

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Configuration for running software on Linux using UCMDB 2019.05

Hello Mel,
When you say that you disabled discovery of RunningSoftware in your inventory by scanner, i suppose you are running 'Host application by shell' or some other host resource pattern to discovery running software? You need to run something that creates a list of running processes, if not, you have nothing to match the applicationssignature.xml against and no instances of running software will be created.
Best regards,
Peter
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Configuration for running software on Linux using UCMDB 2019.05

We have two discoveries.

We run Host Connection by Shell in infrastructure discovery and then run Inventory Discovery by Scanner in our Inventory discovery.  That job says it will discover processes and running software.  It apparently is not discovering processes and running software.  The question is why not.

Thank,

Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.