Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
569 views

Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution

Hello,

yesterday I installed CP30 on top of our 10.33 CUP3 CP29 installation. During the installation I got an error for updating the class "usb_device".

Now I'm getting errors in the error.log and the inventory scan stops creating and updating CIs. I opened a ticket for that problem already.

Additional I can see new discovery jobs (e.g. advanced and basic inventory) , which are not described in the CP30 documentation.

Has anyone made the same experiences ?

Achim

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution
We solved the problem with Micro Focus support.
The class usb_device has wrong attribute names, which had to be corrected with a package. Before the package can work correctly, the table "CDM_USB_DEVICE_1" must be truncated. We lost the data, but after that everything worked fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution

This topic was escalated to Email Message on 02-07-2019 by an automatic escalation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution

Nowadays I am scared of these minor upgrades. For me each of them breaks at least one functionality, which we are using. The CP29 and 2018.08 broke the cyberark external password vault integration, without solving old lasting issues. 

 

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution

The problem still exists and nobody at Micro Focus seems to know the problem. The is an open case at SSO, but there is no strategy to solve the problem. Does anybody has the same problem ?

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Content pack 30 experiences

Jump to solution
We solved the problem with Micro Focus support.
The class usb_device has wrong attribute names, which had to be corrected with a package. Before the package can work correctly, the table "CDM_USB_DEVICE_1" must be truncated. We lost the data, but after that everything worked fine.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.