Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Copying Prod Database to Dev

I've heard several people say that there is a tool available (from HP) that will assist you in copying production uCMDB data over to a Dev instance.  Can anyone confirm the existance of this tool?  And if so, where can I find this tool?

freebird

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Copying Prod Database to Dev

Hi

I dont remember a tool for this, but we did with the help of DBAs using the normal DB Refresh method to refresh the data from Production in to DEV. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Copying Prod Database to Dev

No tool needed. What you need to do is to copy DB schema, rename it; and run Disater Recovery procedure on  the new instance. It basically cleaning up info related to clustering and HA node dependecies.

I'll attach the doc for 10.01 for your convinence.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.