Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Create Relationship between CITs

Hi All

I'm relatively new to uCMDB but I am starting to get my head around some of it, one thing that I'm stuck with at the moment is defining a relationship between a OTB CIT and one I've created (I'm sure I'm just missing something simple).

The scenario is I've added an attribute to the "Infrastructure Element" CIT called rfid_id, this attribute stores the ID of an RFID tag attached to a physical asset.

I've created a new CIT call RFID_Tags, which is populated by a CSV export from the tracking software (using an integration job), this includes (amongst others) two attributes tag_id and location. Rfid_id and tag_id match so using a relationship I should be able to see where our asset s are, but I'm stuck about how to create the relationship so it links these two CITS based on those attributes?

Any ideas, or resources you can point me at?

Thanks

Andy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Create Relationship between CITs

Hello,

If you want to create a relationship you can do it from CIT Manager. Select 2 CITs and then right click. A new menu will appear and select Add/Remove Relationship.  Then you can add a valid link between the object CITs. If you want a custom link then you should create it before.

The links can be added using enrichments or you can enhance the job that populates you custom CIs(recommended).

Also you can create join links within a tql . These do not exist in DB .

https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/11.0/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/modeling/Tql_c_join_relationship.htm

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Gabi Medan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.