Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Create a Profile

Hi all,
our customer requires a user with the following grants:

The user can:
1. see all properties of all CIT. Can't modify properties.
2. create link to/from node (only node).

I have tried to do this but:
1. to create link for/to node I have to select action "relate to CI" for the CI type node. BUT...
I need also to activate general action "Data Update".
Without "Data Update", "relate to CI" is not activated.

2. to see properties of all CI type, I have to select action "properties" for CI type managedObject. BUT...
As I have activated before the general action "Data Update", the properties become editable for all CI types children of managedObject.

We don't want that user can modify properties.

How can we implement this role?

P.s
We are using uCMDB 10.21

Thanks,
Giuseppe

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: Create a Profile

Hi,

Unfortunately the UCMDB UI does not have such a functionality. Setting permission on a such granular level is not possible in UCMDB UI.

However there is the option to use UCMDB Browser with CI Level Authorization permissions(CLA). It is possible to set only view permissions on all CIs. Also by creating an service template Node->Node one can add only relationships since there is no limitation on relationship.

I will test this scenario as I am not sure what and if additional permissions are required. I will update with findings as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.