Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Custom Dyanmic Widget

I'm using UCMDB 10.20 and browser 4.0

I like the Impact Simulation widget in the UCMDB browser, but I'm trying to dumb it down by creating my own Dynamic Widget.

All I want to show is any BusinessApplication which has a direct or indirect relationship with any InfrastructureElement CI.

For example, if I search for a node, switch, rack, location, etc, I'd like the widget to only display the BusinessApplications which are impacted.  The out of the box Impact Simulation widget does this, but again, there is too much detail in that widget, and I'm trying to make a simple one.

Does anyone have an idea of the TQL would look like?  In my new Dynamic Widget, I have 2 CI types; Businesss Application and InfrastructureElement.  The InfrastructureElement is the Contact Query Node.  I just don't know what kind of relationship to put between these CI types.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good afternoon Ron,

Thank you for share this question with us.

For information about How to create a Dynamic Widget, please take a look in the following guide (page 278):

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01364379

Regarding your specific doubts, the only two available relationships (between BusinessApplication -> InfrastructureElement) are Usage and Contaiment, so i guess you can use any of those.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

HC

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.