Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Custom attribute and CI history issue

Using the SM adapter to populate UCMDB with SM data. Had to store certain attributes from SM into a custom uCMDB attribute.

1. Added a couple of custom attributes to the OOTB Node CIT - Set 1
  2. Adapter was able to populate the attributes and the CI history was getting populated with the attribute changes
  3. Added a couple of custom attributes to the OOTB node CIt - Set 2
  4. Adapter was able to populate the attributes and the CI history was getting populated with the attribute changes.
  5. deleted the CI's
  6. Deleted the Set 2 - custom attributes created (naming convention)
  7. created new custom attributes - set 3
  8. Adapter populates the Set 3 custom attributes only if i do a hard sync twice, first time I run the job it only populates the custom attributes created on Set 1, and if I do a soft sync the job dosent detects the change, but if i do a second hard sync the job populates the Set 3 attributes. The CI history for the Set 3 custom attributes are blank (the track history is set to true)

Not sure if there is a disconnect on the CI Class model somewhere, the Set 3 custom attributes are present on the CI definitions. Any suggestions, let me know, Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Custom attribute and CI history issue

As a first recomendation, I would suggest be sure UCMDB service and integration probe is restarted after any changes to the class model.

In addition, the probe used for a integration has a mechanism called redundantcy filter. It was created with a goal to minimize amount of data traveling back and force between UCMDB server and probe. So, if CI passing through the probe wasn't changed from the last iteration of the same job, the probe marking the CI to be "touched". The touch process running once a day at midnight and updating Last Access Time (vs Last Modified Time in case of change).

So, it doesn't matter how the class model was chnged, if the data set representing CI is identical between different runs of the same integration job, the CI will be touched instead of modification.  

Hope that helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Custom attribute and CI history issue

The CI Class model defention has the new attributes listed, and i have also restarted the server and the probe a couple of times.

I did clear the probe cache while testing, as pointed out the the attiributes contains a null value in uCMDB and SM dosent send the data since there is no change to the data, so only way to pull the data is to do a hard re sync or (full data sync). The attributes always get populated on the second full data sync which is what drives me crazy, why they dont get populated on thr first sync no idea, SM seems to be sending the same data over and over so it is not an issue of SM providing limited data on the first sync and more on the second sync. I am going to restore the class model to its original state and going to retry creating the attributes from scratch as a last resort. Hope that will fix the issue. Thanks for your input

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.