Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

DB Protocol check credentials

Hi

does anyone know how to check credentials in ucmdb discovery ABOUT DB protocol

When I give only IP/Hostname I get error Following parameters are not defined: protocol_port
sqlprotocol_dbsid

What is the string that I have to input to check credentials about ORACLE?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: DB Protocol check credentials

Hi,

As per the error the credentials are not defined properly. Port number is missing (oracle uses 1521 by default) and other details also need to be checked.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Rawel credentials are in such a way in order to be generic and be usable by multiple instances and with multiple ports. Ports are defined in the xml file
My question is if it is possible to use check credentials for an Oracle
I have tried things like jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.239.115.53:1521:CDRP
or just 10.239.115.53:1521:CDRP but the message is the same

Are you suggesting that credentials entry must be filled fully in order for check credential to function?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

"Check Credential" will simply pick the values defined for a specific entry under credentials, so it can't be tested for generic one. For multiple ports, different entries can be created under credentials.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.