Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ToBallou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DDM Inventory scan of DMZ (Workgroup) Servers

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am wondering if someone knows if DDMI agent will "Phone Home" from PC's that are on a "Workgroup" and not the primary Windows Active Driectory Domain?

Do we just need  the port in the firewall opened up?

The agent has been installed on all of our DMZ servers, at least 2 months ago, and I can not find even one in DDMI, so I am concerned that we are not getting the data due to them not being part of the domain, or possibly due to the DMZ Firewall blocking them.

Does anyone have any insight / experiance with this?

We are only running one DDMI server at this time, and it is on the domain.

Thanks all,

Tyler

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DDM Inventory scan of DMZ (Workgroup) Servers

Jump to solution

Yes, it will call home on port 80 (not using a proxy server).

It will call home (if configured) no matter if devices are in the domain or not.  DDMI doesn't use domain information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DDM Inventory scan of DMZ (Workgroup) Servers

Jump to solution

Yes, it will call home on port 80 (not using a proxy server).

It will call home (if configured) no matter if devices are in the domain or not.  DDMI doesn't use domain information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.