Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

DFP Gateway and Manger when to install as one or separated ??

Hi, 

(UDMDB 10.11)

I had being trying to understand how to choose between installing the DFP gateway and manger as one or as two different process.

from the Dateflowmangement doc it is said for better load balancing but I do like to know how. 

Pls kindly  share some doc or some knowledge on this as in on what condition should we choose to install them as one or as separated?

And I do like to ask the following 

• Is gateway with multiple manager treated as one probe ? 
  • is it possible to configure the gateway to run with multple manger at the same time? (if yes how ? )
  • between the manager and the UD agent, in team of functionality are they the same if so is it better to install the manger instead? ( if I don't want to use the auto push for ud agent)
  • when installing DFP there doesn't seem to be a option to show am I installing the gateway or the manger after I selected to installed as separated. So how do I know what am I installing?

regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.