Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. bednarcm Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

DFP don't use updated scripts

Hi,

I have a weird problem with uCMDB 10.22 and DFP. I have custom xls integration adapter and a few scripts. When scripts are updated, DFP don't use new versions. New scripts are sent to DFP, but not executed. It's hard to explain.

First run of script, error in log:

<2018-08-08 11:11:07,307> [ERROR] [JobExecuterWorker-1:DS_Import XLS_Import XLS_10.17.8.50] (ExecutionEngineImpl.java:374) - Discovery Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "csioz_import_XLS", line 27, in DiscoveryMain
  File "csioz_import_P2", line 217, in importP2
  File "C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\..\runtime\probeManager\discoveryScripts\csioz_utils.py", line 85, in createNode
    nodeOSH.setBooleanAttribute('host_isvirtual', host_isvirtual)
AttributeError: 'appilog.common.system.types.ObjectStateHolder' object has no attribute 'setBooleanAttribute'

So I changed Boolean to Bool and found in log:

<2018-08-08 11:17:22,681> [ERROR] [JobExecuterWorker-0:DS_Import XLS_Import XLS_10.17.8.50] (ExecutionEngineImpl.java:374) - Discovery Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "csioz_import_XLS", line 27, in DiscoveryMain
  File "csioz_import_P2", line 217, in importP2
  File "C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\..\runtime\probeManager\discoveryScripts\csioz_utils.py", line 85, in createNode
    nodeOSH.setBoolAttribute('host_isvirtual', host_isvirtual)
AttributeError: 'appilog.common.system.types.ObjectStateHolder' object has no attribute 'setBooleanAttribute'

It looks like DFP executes old scripts, but shows errors on new scripts.

I checked Gateway and Manager script folders and found new scripts. I executed also clearProbeData script.

My problem started when I tried to import data from XLSX files (to start this I had to update some jars: poi, poi-ooxml, commons). But I recovered old versions of these jars.

At this moment workaround is to restart DFP process, it loads new files and everything works properly. I have to do this after each script update.

What should I check?

My env: uCMDB 10.22 CUP3.334 on Windows 2012 and MS SQL Server. Content Pack 20

BR.

0 Likes
3 Replies
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: DFP don't use updated scripts

Hi Br,

I've had exactly the same problem before as well and I didn't have the nerve to resolve it, but I suspect where was the problem. I do believe it is coming from wrongly defined adapter XML (causing a bug in DFP).

Have you added the custom scripts in "Used Scripts" section of the adapter definition? If you open the adapter definition in XML format (edit adapter source), you can find the script section as well:

<params className="appilog.collectors.services.dynamic.core.DynamicServiceParams" enableAging="true" enableDebugging="false" enableRecording="false" autoDeleteOnErrors="success" recordResult="false" ignoreMissingReconciliationRules="false" useDefaultValueForAging="false">
<script index="2">import_from_excel.py</script>
<script index="1">xlsutils.py</script>
</params>

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. bednarcm Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi popadiyski,

thanks for your reply.

Yest, I've already added all used scripts to adapter configuration. These scripts are visible in uCMDB and XML files. I tried to move content of problematic script to main script, but it didn't help. Change of scripts order too.

The next step is reinstallation of DFP.

Best Regards

0 Likes
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I don't believe reinstallation will help. It's a generic issue. Another idea that I have is to add the scripts to a package in the package manager, if you haven't done it. If it doesn't work, support should take look at it. It is very annoying when such a basic functionality doesn't work. 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.