Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

DNS in the server name

Hi
I have a virtual server "dev-ep-ap02". This server has dns master-0, and the name of the server itself is "dev-ep-ap02". When a server is detected by the system "ucmdb", in "ucmdb" the server name is displayed as master-0, that is, its dns.
How to make the server name display its name, not dns?server.PNG

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor..
Visitor..

Re: DNS in the server name

Hi

How are you discovering this virtual host, we've setup the VMWare discovery as well as the Zone based discovery so I think VMWare would return the actual name of the host, not the DNS name?

Regards

Andy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I configured it through VMware vCenter Topology by VIM and Host connection by shell.

but it returns the DNS name and not the actual server nameVM.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

There can be multiple possible issues . For example:

Does the discovered CI have a property with the value "dev-ep-ap02"? If so you  you can change the default label for this CIT from CIT Manager or create an enrichment to populate this value to name attribute or other which by default is used to populate the display label.

If this property is not discovered then check the communication log or reconciliation logs on server side with Debug loglevel set. You have to understand why is not retrieved.

Hope it helps.

Gabi Medan

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.