Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Data Flow Probe: Change port number for probe

Jump to solution

hello community

i need to change the configuration of on a probe machine to use a different port locally. by default the porbe will use port 80 in order to run. unfortunately on the same machine i have another software running which uses port 80 as well. now i need to change the probe configuration to use a different port instead. i have searched the documentation but could not find anything useful for this task.

anybody here to give me a tip on how to do this?

thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Data Flow Probe: Change port number for probe

Jump to solution

I  got an answer from R&D.

It’s the callhome feature of UDA.

On DDMI, the callhome use 80 port and there is no other choice.

On UD, we let customer chose between 80 and 1977. This could be configured on the infra activity dialog box. Other port would not work because probe is not listening to it.

We have enhancement request created "to set up the call home port while installing the probe, at present it is only between 80 and 1977". You could track the progress at HP SSO at 

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H85251

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

AFIAK, port 80 on UCMDB 10 probe used for a call back from inventory agents. I'll try to find if/how the port number could be changed.

Please be aware that discovery probe is consuming a lot of resources (both open connections and CPU), so it's not recommending to install it along with different application. 

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

thanks a lot for your reply

documentation says the following for port 80 locally on the probe (as mentioned by you):

80: Opened by a CallHome service for Universal Discovery Agents

not sure though what the impact would be when this is changed. and i agree that personally i would tend towards a separated solution with dedicated machines. Although the customer will have to decide.

if you can find any information on how to change the port i would be interested in the solution

cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I  got an answer from R&D.

It’s the callhome feature of UDA.

On DDMI, the callhome use 80 port and there is no other choice.

On UD, we let customer chose between 80 and 1977. This could be configured on the infra activity dialog box. Other port would not work because probe is not listening to it.

We have enhancement request created "to set up the call home port while installing the probe, at present it is only between 80 and 1977". You could track the progress at HP SSO at 

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1H85251

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

hello Dima

really useful information here. thanks a lot for this. it is really a great to have you here on this forum and your contributions are truly helpful.

the correct approach here has to be to install the two products on dedicated machines i think. everything else looks like an experiment to me.

thanks again ...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.