Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Flow Probe shows disconnected in UMCDB.

I have installed the SQL Server 2008 R2 and the UCMDB 10.0 one one VM  and on another VM I have installed teh Data Flow Probe. Now the Data Flow Probe added in the UCMDB but it shows Disconnected. Please guide on how to Add the Data Flow Probe in UCMDB.. IF it is by default added then what could be the possible reasons behind it.

Will appreciate if someone can guide me on this.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Data Flow Probe shows disconnected in UMCDB.

Assuming that you're in the initial phase of UCMDB deployment I'd recommend to move out from UCMDB 10.0 to UCMDB 10.01 and then install latest CUP on top of it.

Here are links for download:

Installation of UCMDB along with DB server could work as a sendbox, but could be a bad idea for the production.

The probe should add itself without manual action. Please be sure that you could connect to http://ucmdbserver:8080/mam-collectors/ from the probe machine. In case you have HTTPS configured on the server side you need to follow guidlines on the probe hardening.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Dima,

I have checked that Probe is up and running on one VM and I can telnet on 8080 on both the UCMDB and Probe VMs. UCMDB is 10.0 and there is no CUP installed as of yet. Do you still want me to upgrade to 10.1 and also to CUP6.

IS there any thing wrong in installing the SQL Server and UCMDB on the same machine and Data Flow Probe on another machine with Unified Probe way.
Basic problem is that it is that the probe is not showing connected in the UCMDB.

Also if you could share the user manual then that would be really great...

Appreciate any responses to resolve this situation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'd suggest you upgrade to 10.01+CUP6 but this most probably won't solve your problem.

The answer is on the probe side in WrapperProbeGW.log.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dima,

I installed the UCMDB 10.01 and UD probe and SQL Server 2008 on a single VM and my issues od Probe Disconnection was resolved and later I added another Probe on different machine and got the Connected status for that as well. 

However Now my requirement is to see the Applications hosted on a certain PC that falls in the Probe IP range.

Can you please guide me step by step as I am totally new in this product.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards

M. Shakeel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Check Basic Software Configuration Discovery Activity chapter from attached document.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.