Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Data Flow probe not getting connected to OMi 10.62

Hi All,

I have been trying to connect the  Data flow probe to the OMi 10.62 ( which has embeded 10.33 UCMDB). But probe is not getting connected to it. 

I have checked the log and found the following , which seems to be SSL error. Am not sure why oit is trying to connect to OMi on https .Nevertheless , I have changed it to http , this error is gone , but its not getting connected then also , Can you please suggest if am missing something 

vm 1 | <2018-02-20 12:32:53,488> 3189644 [ERROR] [ProbeGW Task Results Sender] (TaskResultsSenderThread.java:300) - Failed sending results to the server, will retry later
jvm 1 | java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found
jvm 1 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
jvm 1 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
jvm 1 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.communication.client.DiscoveryClient.sendResultsToServer(DiscoveryClient.java:753)
jvm 1 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.sendToServer(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:649)
jvm 1 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.processTaskResults(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:226)
jvm 1 | at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.results.sending.TaskResultsSenderThread.run(TaskResultsSenderThread.java:166)
jvm 1 | Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Data Flow probe not getting connected to OMi 10.62

Hi Ashish,
Probe is not getting connected to due certificate issue.

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

Solution:-
Ucmdb hardening Guide Page No. 91.
Follow the steps how export certificate and import in Probe.

Issue will get resolve.
If my post was helpful then give me kudos
Thank you!
Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Data Flow probe not getting connected to OMi 10.62

Hi Ashish,

We faced the same issue couple of days ago, and we were able to solve it by applying the below steps,

i assume that you have hardended OMi implementation based on the SSL errors you mentioned before,

If Yes, you will need to do so:

1. Make sure to install the correct version of teh DFP which is compatibale with RTSM/OMi version.

2. Make sure that value of

serverPortHttps = 8443

appilog.agent.probe.protocol = HTTPS

in the DataFlowProbe.properties

3. From your Primary DPS server, run the below command to export the OMi certificate,when asked for password you can just past "changeit"

E:\HPBSM\bin>opr-cert-mgmt.bat -export "OMi Webserver CA Certificate" PEM E:\HPBSM\bin\OMiIntegration.pem

4. On the DFP server, import the certificate file that was generated in the previous step

<UCMDB_HOME>/UCMDB/DataFlowProbe/bin/jre/bin/keytool -import -trustcacerts -fileOMiIntegration.pem -alias "OMi Webserver CA Certificate" -keystore <UCMDB_HOME>/UCMDB/DataFlowProbe/bin/jre/lib/security/cacerts

5. Restart the DFP server.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.