Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data lost after entry due to multiple user input

If someone enters IP ranges for a DFP.    Then someone else who already had the UCMDB GUI opened enters IP ranges for another DFP and does a save.    The first persons entries will disappear.     This appears to be due to the second person over wrote what the first person saved becuase the UCMDB process did not know that the second persons data was not up to date.

Can this bug be fixed with a patch?  

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Data lost after entry due to multiple user input

First, I would say it is a design flaw, not a bug.  The fix would require UCMDB to lock a given table or set of tables when a UI was accessed.  Conversly, if it was implemented, another customer may want to have users updating different probe ranges at the same time and they would no longer be able to.  I think this is more of a process issue than a problem with the product, but that is my opinion.  Feel free to log an Enhancement Request to address this issue.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data lost after entry due to multiple user input

I'd like to hear from the HP product and R&D folks on this who as I understand are monitoring this forum for this event.   I wouldn't think that they designed it to act this way.    Can a SME from the Product team take a look and respond what they think of this?   We have lost data more than once trying to figure out what was going on, and I'm sure it was not designed to be a single user tool.  Our work around is to make sure only one user is editing data, and before doing so make sure no one else is using the tool and do a refresh to flush out the stale data and read in the fresh data before doing any updates.

I am interested to hear from the products folks who know this code as to why it works this way and if they designed it to be this way as is suggested and if they beleive this is something that could be addressed to work better in the future.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.