Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Database Column size issue

I have been getting many reconciliation errors when running the host connection discovery job and found the following in the reconciliation log.  It appears that I need to increase the size of the column below but not sure which CI / Attribute it is referring to.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Can't execute BATCH prepared statement [UPDATE CDM_UNIX_1 SET A_HOST_OSRELEASE = ?, A_HOST_KEY = ?, A_HOST_ISCOMPLETE = ?, A_DATA_UPDATED_BY = ? WHERE CMDB_ID = ?], failed prior to DB execution due to exception: com.mercury.jdbc.oraclebase.ddc: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12899: value too large for column "UCMDB"."CDM_UNIX_1"."A_HOST_OSRELEASE" (actual: 506, maximum: 256)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Database Column size issue

The column is host_osrelease and it is configured to be 256 characters wide. The error shows actual 506 characters which seems excessive for this field. This is the type of values that I have in my system:
UNIX host_osrelease valuesUNIX host_osrelease values

I suggest you investigate the job and look at the communication log to determine why it is returning such long values for that attribute.

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.