Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Super Contributor.. RRose Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Database Tuning Question

I've been noticing a large number of CI's in the "Total Discovered CI's in Sending Queue" for several of my probes.  Since I recently migrated the database from our test environment to our production environment I suspect the issue may be the database.  While trying to track down the issue I found the following statement multiple times in the cmdb.dal log; Failed optimized joinf Query, falling back to standard joinf query.  Any ideas what this is and whether I should be concerned.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Database Tuning Question

What's the DB type?

Which UCMDB version?

Did you follow the periodic maintenance guide?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

This is Oracle 12.2 running on UCMDB 10.22 CUP4 CP20.

Bob

0 Likes
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @RRose  join_f queries are ised in TQL to create relationships between CIs. It has probably nothing to do with the import of data from the DFP. 

You have to check cmdb.dal.log and cmdb.dal.slow.log, cmdb.dal.error.log to see if the database is working properly. Also check if you are rebuilding the indexes of the database tables, because segmentation builds up with the time.

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
Super Contributor..

Thanks Petko,

Ok, I will disregard those errors and review the logs you mention.  Regarding checking for rebuilding the database tables, how do I know if this is occuring?  Will this show up in the logs?

0 Likes
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can see the status of the database tables and indexes by executing the "getDatabaseInfo" JMX method. You can also verify that the Scheduler's job for rebuilding indexes daily or weekly is up and running.

Periodically  use the newDBTool in the scripts folder and whether it finds some db discrepancies.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.