Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Database discovery

Experts,

I am starting with the discovery of a particular Datacenter. I have given a list of Dev and Test Database servers and need to test the  the connectivity.

I have created a report of all these database servers Node and IP addresses. Now when I run the Management Zone > Activity as > Database Choosing Run Oracle Discovery after selecting the right probe as well as selected the IP range, I am not finding any particular result.

I am new to uCMDB and need some help in starting with the discovery process. What should I check here first and then how do I proceed further.

My end goal is to develop and Application to Database dependency Map.

Please guide.

Thank you
dev.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

I am Listening..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Database discovery

Hi,

Try to look into the active/passive network connection discoveries.

Those should create client-server dependencies, that will present your DB servers and their connected apps, during the time of the discovery.

Asi.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Database discovery

Thank you for the reply Asi.

As I am new to discovery tool, am trying my best to learn from forums and KA's.

IF I want to develop a TQL to create the dependency map, what are the CI types which I should be using.

The end goal for me is to give  the team, a view which contains the

Tier 2 (Application layer) and the Tier 3 ( DB layer) ..

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.