Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Database instance and database type

Jump to solution

Hi Expert,

I'm trying to do database discovery, had went through the document and the oob job don't seem to find any job which can find the database instance or database type, can someone please advice how do i discover these information?

with the correct credential, I can only see the sql file is refer to the database name and but don't seem to find any which is refer to the database instance.

For database type, I'm trying see is there any job which can detect the correct database type which then trigger the correct sql related job. e.g. ipaddress trigger job, found a database ci and detect that it a MS SQL which will then trigger off the MS SQL discovery job.

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Database instance and database type

Jump to solution

OK. So the Host App by * will discover the DB server, some DBs and IpserviceEndpoint CIs needed to trigger the Database discovery jobs.
What is actually failing?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Soong,

did you run Host Applications by * in order to discover the basic information about the DB server?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Bogdan Mureșan,

Thanks for the response, Yes I did, I had dscover the node and the OS.

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

OK. So the Host App by * will discover the DB server, some DBs and IpserviceEndpoint CIs needed to trigger the Database discovery jobs.
What is actually failing?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks I found the issues is because the port use is for our environment is of custom port, after adding in hte custom port to the xml I was able to discovery the CI.

Thanks for the response and help 🙂

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ack.

I presume you added the custom port to the file portNameToPortNumber.xml

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.