Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Datacenter DATABASE discovery

Experts,

I am starting with the discovery of a particular Datacenter. I have given a list of Dev and Test Database servers and need to test the  the connectivity.

I have created a report of all these database servers Node and IP addresses. Now when I run the Management Zone > Activity as > Database Choosing Run Oracle Discovery after selecting the right probe as well as selected the IP range, I am not finding any particular result.

I am new to uCMDB and need some help in starting with the discovery process. What should I check here first and then how do I proceed further.

My end goal is to develop and Application to Database dependency Map.

Please guide.

Thank you

dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Datacenter DATABASE discovery

Hi,

Can You confirm, If you have ran the pre-requisite Jobs like IP Address discovery, TCP Ports and Host Discovery for the test servers you wanted to run the Database Job?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Ashok,

Yes, Below is what I have done so far

Added the IP Addresses into the probe ranges
Ran the Range Ips by ICMP.
Ran the Host resources by WMI / Shell
Ran the Host resources and Application by WMI / Shell.

Thank you

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Have you discovered the Host and also did you ran the Database TCP Ports job and discovered the Ports corresponding to your Databases?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes,  I have done this. The sequence which I followed in discovery is below

Range IP by ICMP.

Host Connection

Host Resources & Application

For Oracle / MSSQL, I followed

Database TCP ports

SQL Server connection by SQL

MSSQL Topology by SQL.

I was able to do a most of the databases discovery except a few which were failing due to credential issues.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

If i get your question right, you were not able to discover some databases due to credential issues?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes. My initial discovery issue is resolved Ashok..

But now the challenge I am facing as mentioned in initial post (the end goal to develop the application and database mapping)

I am trying to build a TQL. Need some help on achieving this.

Requirement is to create a view showing the Application to Database dependency map.
We dont have any informations about the Business Applications. We have to build the
TQL so that Team who is going to use this View , should be seeing the application connected to the database.

Please guide.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.