Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Delete CI from View - Unexpected error occurred

Using UCMDB 10.11 CUP2.328 CP 14.03.230

I'm trying to remove a CI and relationship in a view.  Some CIs I can remove without issue.   In this case, I have a node CI to an IP address, and I'm trying to remove the IP address CI from the view.  When I do, I get a popup error message stating "Unexpected error occurred".  And I can no longer make changes to the view without first closing it.  So the only way I can remove the IP address from the view is to delete the view and start over.

I've seen this before with another view with different CIs and relationships.  At the time, I thought it was a "one off" indicent and simply deleted and re-created the view from scratch.   Now I've seen this twice with 2 different views.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Delete CI from View - Unexpected error occurred

Hello Ral,

Thank you for posting this question.

Could you please reproduce the problem, take note of the hour and paste here the entire error entry generated on the ucmdb-ui.log from the application server?

I will review it and will defini if you need to open a support case.

Regards,

HC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Delete CI from View - Unexpected error occurred

Tried it again this morning, and now it works.  I wonder if some nightly maintenance cleared up what was going on yesterday.

Yesterday I tried two browsers (Chrome and IE), restarted them both and no luck.  I left last night simply locking my workstation and trying again this morning, now it works.

Oh well.  Thanks for the offer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.