ibs_pivo
New Member.

Discovering by VMware VIM Protocol

Hello folks
I am unable to discover VMware infostructure using VMware VIM Protocol.
So far I did and checked following:
- User with required rights was created on VSphere
- I am able to reach https://< ip VmWare >/sdk/vimService.wsdl
- I have imported required VmWare SDK *.jar files into uCMDB

When I run the "Check Credential" I get the following:

Failed to get credential 19_1_CMS, please check the related error logs in probe side.

When I run "Manual VMware VIM Connection" discovery module I get the following error:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Failed executing script, details: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "vmware_vim_connection_manual", line 42, in DiscoveryMain
  File "vmware_vim", line 401, in initConnectionConfigurations
  File "vmware_vim", line 281, in generate
    at java.util.Hashtable.containsKey(Hashtable.java:335)
    at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.NonSecureProtocolDictionaryManager.getProtocolById(NonSecureProtocolDictionaryManager.java:258)
    at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolDictionaryManager.getProtocolById(ProtocolDictionaryManager.java:73)
    at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.credentials.dictionary.ProtocolDictionaryManager.getProtocolProperty(ProtocolDictionaryManager.java:81)
    at com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.library.clients.ClientsFrameworkImpl.getProtocolProperty(ClientsFrameworkImpl.java:315)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
java.lang.NullPointerException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Can one help what to check next or how to troubleshoot this.
Thaks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. kda Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: Discovering by VMware VIM Protocol

Did you check the SSL box in the VIM credential?

0 Likes
Contributor.. IngOSS Contributor..
Contributor..

did you solve this problem ?

i have similar one.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. Gidarno Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

The error is referring to the probe. "Failed to get credential 19_1_CMS, please check the related error logs in probe side."

It looks like the probe can't fetch the required credential from the UCMDB server. You can check the connection between the probe and the ucmdb server. There is a jmx service on the probe where you can see all the credentials stored on the probe i think it is called the confidential manager.

As last resort you can perform a cleardataflowprobe.

Kind regards,
Gidarno

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.