Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Discovering diskspace and space used by DB's

I want to make a report that show availible diskspace on servers, and a report showing all databases(MSSQL, Oracle, MySql) and the space the DB's use on the disk. Is this possible and how do i discover this?

I've tried to turn on discoverDisk(true) in the properties for Shell and WMI. I also added two more attributes, DiskDevice and Physical Volume to the Adapter under Discovered CITs, but i see no disks at all after discovery.

The FileSystem discovery shows a lot of used space for the different file systems on Unix/Linux/Windows, but thats not what i hoped to get out of uCMDB.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Jorn

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Discovering diskspace and space used by DB's

Hello Jorn,
Thank you for using the uCMDB community forum.

Please navigate to Modeling studio. Create new ‘Pattern View’ and select ‘New query’. Drag from the three any CITs you are interested to have them in the report. For example: LogicalVolume, Physical Volume, MSSQL Database ,Oracle, MySQL. Then check the calculation result. If it is necessary narrow the output result by editing each one CIT properties. That view can be used in the Report module in uCMDB.

To collect disk information you can also use Basic Inventory Discovery. Please check the attached guide.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Nikola/all

I've tried what you suggested, and some of it works. The part that dose'nt work is for uCMDB to "see" the size of the databases.

The part i see is servername, used space on the virtual disk and free space on the virtual disk and some other information not interessting at the moment. The scan fo "Physical disk" dosent work at all. We have a mix of standalone servers and virtual ones.

Thanks

Jorn

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Jorn,

I have checked in the Configuration Item Types (CIT) three. There is not a "Physical disk" CIT but a "Physical Volume" one. Indeed, that CIT is a node element and cannot be used to allocate the physical space the DB's use on the disk.

Best Regards,
Nikola

------------------------
Nikola Todorov
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.