Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Discovering using Management Zones Questions

Hi All,

Please I have a doubt about management zones discovering,

I was doing some thoubleshooting about discovering of some nodes ( reviewing firewall permissions, credentials and every pre requirement to have a succesfull connection and discovering fo one node). But I have some cases that for example, I have set a credential in NTCMD protocol for some nodes to execute host connection by shell job throught Infraestructure Management Zone, but when I review the IP address are not available in the ip's group for this job.

I checked the input query also, and the IP and Node appears in the result as valid component but in the management zone the ip is not present.

I've done everything I know to include it but nothing worked.

Have you had this problem in your enviroments?, should I open a support case to resolve this?.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Discovering using Management Zones Questions

Are the IPs DHCP?  Are the static?  Is the job running, range IPs by ICMP?

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Hello Keith,

The IP's are Static and range IPS by ICMP has finished successfully.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

So, when you go to UCMDB UI -> Data Flow Management -> Universal Discovery -> Zone Based Discovery, and click on your zone, it should show the IP Addresses you assigned to your zone.  Do you see that and the probe?  If not, did you add those IPs to your zone?

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

The IP is in the defined credentials at the Infraestructure discovery zone and also the IP has the attribute IP probe name filled and is asigned to one of our probes.

That is why I dont understand what is missing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Maria;

If you look at the activity jobs for the inventory zone activity, are they activated?  If not, can you deactivate the zone discovery activity and re-enable it?

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

HI,

Yeap, I have activated and deactivated the mz... and also the jobs are activated and running for other CI's

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Maria;

I think you should open a case and have an engineer review your setup.  I think something easy is missing, but it is hard to do without seeing it.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.