Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Discovery of LDAP ports

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Running uCMDB 10.01.CUP9.635 CP 12.11.1097

I am trying to run a TCP Port discovery of an AD Server using the TCP Ports discovery job.

I activated the override option to only discover LDAP ports on the Properties tab.

I configure the probe limit to disable and I manually add one IP address to the job.

When I look at the communication log I notice that the following ports are connected:

3268, 3269, 389, 636

The issue that these endpoints are not being created. 

The jobs end up at the warning state giving me the following information:

<<Progress Message, severity: Warning>>

Warning processing results: Results contain ignored CIs. For details please check the cmdb.reconciliation.log. The following CIs were ignored. From Class [node] 1 CIs were ignored due to Multiple Match; From Class {ip_service_endpoint] 4 cis'were ignored due to Connected CI ignored; From class [containment] 1 CIs were ignored due to Link with ignored en;

I assume this has something to do with a double presence of the LDAP server but I am not able to trace the node down. The cmdb.reconciliation.log is not filled at all (on the server side).

How can I resolve this?

I tried clear probe results cache and I checked out "Fail entire bulks due to invalid CIs". This did not help out. 

Regards,

Martijn.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Discovery of LDAP ports

Jump to solution

We resolved this issue.

The following lines are located in the communication log.

destinationData name="ip_address">10.33.52.129</destinationData>

<destinationData name="ip_domain">DefaultDomain</destinationData>

<destinationData name="hostId">b16bc99c1a9af6ae662aea5deaa4eb5b|::|ff426547fe13e20302554f5a6129181a|::|</destinationData>

It turns out that the discovery together with the HP SIM integration both create a node which is related to the IP address.

This means that the discovered IP endpoints are not related to one of them since the discovery job can not "choose" between the two.

After removing the HP SIM node relation ship with the IP address the discovery succeeded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Hoang, 

First of all, thanks for you reaction.

I changed the =ERROR to =DEBUG in the properties files you requested.

I ran the discovery again and please find the logfiles attached.

Please let me know I you need any additional information.

All the best,

Martijn Krop.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I created a Service Request for this issue: 4648630929

Please continue to provide support through this forum. It is highly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Martijn Krop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Martijn,

We looked through your logs and hypothesized a number of things that could be the cause.

Would it be possible to schedule a time to walk through the problem in your environment? We don't think this is a bug, per se, but either a mistake in the config or a far more serious problem that needs to be addressed with the IDs.

I don't think it would be an efficient use of time to guess on the forums.

Erik

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

First of all thanks for your time and answer. 

Since I am eligble for HP support I want to use this channel to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Martijn.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We resolved this issue.

The following lines are located in the communication log.

destinationData name="ip_address">10.33.52.129</destinationData>

<destinationData name="ip_domain">DefaultDomain</destinationData>

<destinationData name="hostId">b16bc99c1a9af6ae662aea5deaa4eb5b|::|ff426547fe13e20302554f5a6129181a|::|</destinationData>

It turns out that the discovery together with the HP SIM integration both create a node which is related to the IP address.

This means that the discovered IP endpoints are not related to one of them since the discovery job can not "choose" between the two.

After removing the HP SIM node relation ship with the IP address the discovery succeeded.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.