Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Discovery of Network Devices without SNMP and ASM in HP UCMDB

Please let me know if anyone has done below configurations in HP UCMDB :

1. Discovery of Network Devices without SNMP à It would be helpful if you can share the method used for the same.
  • Cisco IP phones
  • Wireless Access Points
  • GPS Tracker
  • Video Conference Devices
  • CCTV camera

Automated Service Modelling which is done to build Business services Topology, we have done the first level  , but second level is required i.e.   where we need to drill down starting from application to server to networking level (switch connected to server)”

thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Discovery of Network Devices without SNMP and ASM in HP UCMDB

Try ssh.

Here's a Cisco article on establishing SSH to IP Phones

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/phone-designer/119142-technote-ssh-ip-phone-00.html

Do all those devices have an IP?

I've discovered most of those devices before with ssh but some weren't fully qualified just a presence of a node

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Discovery of Network Devices without SNMP and ASM in HP UCMDB

Hi Ankita,

We are trying to discover Wireless access poitns with no luck. as they dont have ips or SNMP configured on them,.

So we should be discoving them through WLC as they reports to it.

Could you please let me know if you were able to discover wireless access points in any manner.

Regards,

Siva B

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.