Established Member.. oofan
Established Member..

Discovery question: CI Type ipAddress - Virtual IPs and Non Virtual IPs

Hello experts, 

I would like your thoughts on this as I can't find much information to this attribute or how to distinguish virtual and real IPs from discovery.

From what I can see so far, there is a parameter you can set to true in Range IPs by ICMP job "virtualModeDiscover".

The job would then tries to ping the IP and if a different IP replies, the Is_Virtual attribute is set to true.

However, I've noticed that even with this parameter set to true, I still have many IPs that I know are virtual coming through discovery with Is_Virtual set to false (default). 

Are there other methods we can discover virtual IPs? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jun-Jie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery question: CI Type ipAddress - Virtual IPs and Non Virtual IPs

Hello,

Range IP by ICMP job distinguish the virtual IP by the mechanism- ‘ping the IP and a different IP replies’.

There is no other job can distinguish if it is a virtual IP or not.

Would you please check the CI history to confirm if those virtual IPs are reported by other jobs?

If it is reported by ICMP job, then need to check the environment by manual to make sure if ping result is like the design mechanism of ICMP job.

Thanks,
Junjie

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.