Highlighted
New Member.

Discovery removing CIs?

Why would a discovery remove a CI?  I was under the impression that the only way UCMDB would remove a CI is through aging or manual deletion.  I am seeing this when I look at the change history for a j2EE cluster CI.  Is there any log that I can look through that would tell me more?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Discovery removing CIs?

Hi,

The discovery can remove CIs if "Automatic Deletion" is configured for certain CITs in the adapter configuration.

For example:

For example, if the "J2EE WebSphere by Shell" job is successful, the job can automatically delete J2EE Application CIs which are no longer discovered on the target. The deletion flag is sent by the probe.

To change these settings you can go to "Edit Adapter"-> "Adapter Configuration".

Br,

Ioana

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.