Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Discovery script Login issue

Hi Gurus,

I am writing a discovery which has to log-in into a switch with SSH. The switch is discovered by the host connection by SNMP discovery a while ago. 
A added the credentials for SSH into the ucmdb, discovered it by host connection by shell (so there is a reference in the the credentials dictionary) and wrote the script.
So far, nothing special.

When I run the script it connects to the client (createClient) and according to the communication log there is a successful connection. But...

The switch asks me for another log-in, before I can run the command. 

For example:
    Username: admin
    Password: *********

Username: Admin
    Password: 

specific command

The username and password are for both times the same.
I can log-in into the switch and run the command,  manually.

What did I tried already.
* createClient twice did not help. I got twice the same client.
* execute the username and password as commands. So when the system asks for a username, I would send the username. The same for password.
* created properties to add as parameter to the createClient. 

Please help me to tackle this issue.

Best regards,

Rode

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Discovery script Login issue

I noticed that when I connect with telnet it does not asks me twice for the username and password. 

Still have to find out why the connection with telnet via ucmdb fails and via putty works. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.