Highlighted
New Member.

Display subtype attributes on a report?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to display subtype attributes on a report?  I'm trying to create a report using the Computer ci type but I would like to include the Windows specific attributes.  Is it possible to do this?

I'm using UCMDB 9.05 CUP10.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Display subtype attributes on a report?

Jump to solution

All I can think of are 'workarounds' for the behavior... for example, using visual basic to modify the spreadsheet after it is created or creating custom attributes at a higher level (compuer) than windows and unix, then using an enrichment to copy the field values.  None of which are difficult, but as easy as adding subtype attributes.  You may want to submit an enhancement request for this.

Keith

HP Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I created a report using a view with computer and windows CIs, I am displaying attributes from both. Its not clear to me why woudn't use windows cis for the report. You may place more details like simulation a report.

I have attached a screenshot.

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Yeah, I know I can add the Windows CI in separately.  I'm trying to build a report of every server in the environment and when I add unix and windows CIs seperately and export the report to excel it is a mess because each field is unique to the CI.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

All I can think of are 'workarounds' for the behavior... for example, using visual basic to modify the spreadsheet after it is created or creating custom attributes at a higher level (compuer) than windows and unix, then using an enrichment to copy the field values.  None of which are difficult, but as easy as adding subtype attributes.  You may want to submit an enhancement request for this.

Keith

HP Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Bummer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.