Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Does anyone know how to pull in text data into the uCMDB Console?

I have an external file that has the node name and model information.  I want to pull in this from the console and populate existing nodes. 

I can easily do this in Asset Manager OR Service Manager but I cant find anything on it in the docs.

Any help would be great.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Does anyone know how to pull in text data into the uCMDB Console?

If I understand your question you should be able to pull in the data using a spreadsheet, with columns, host_key, name, primary_dns_name and one or more columns you want to update, using their real attributes (not attribute labels).  The host_key is  <IP> DefaultDomain for each node.

You would use the Integration Studio, assuming you have the licenses to import the spread sheet.  The spreadsheet needs to be an old Excel 97 format.

Hope this helps,

Mel

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.