Highlighted
Visitor.

ENABLE/DISABLE a Default Settings in HP uCMDB

Hi Experts ,

We are using HP uCMDB 9.03 with CUP 8 Version .

I needed to understand whether it is possible to enable the option "Enable Related Ci's Retrieval" by default to all users of the system .

Currently I can achive this

1.by manually selecting the option when we navigate to RELATED CI's PANE and by clicking on the option (Attached is the screen) from IT universe Manager.

2.Well This can also be achived using  Menu options --->Operations----> then selecting Enable CIs Retrieval .

I would want to know the setting in UCMDB system which makes this not be avaibale by OOTB but it will have to be selected when we needed it ,there should be one :):) which i am not able to figure out

Please note I Do not wish create a attached menu for this as well

Currently When I check factory methods nothing was referened to this in the system

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

P S : Reaching Directly to Related CI.s PANE has been taken care using Generate Direct Link.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: ENABLE/DISABLE a Default Settings in HP uCMDB

I might need you to clarify a few things.

From what I understand you want all users to be able to have the 'Get Related CI' from the right-click menu as seen here

I don't have a UCMDB 9.03 environment, the following is for UCMDB 9.05 

(In 10.x, use Roles Manager, edit the Roles under General Actions, move 'Get Related CIs' from Available Actions to Selected Actions)

In 9.05 enable execution permission for the  'Get Related CIs' operation for all users and/or roles
You can assign all users to a role with this permission so all future users will also have this permission.

Go to Administration > Security Manager

Click on the CI Types Tab

In the Operations pane, click on Get Related CIs

In the Roles/Users pane click on the Add

Add the all the Users and Roles

Then in the Permissions pane

click on Execute

Now all users should be able to right-click on a CI and execute 'Get Related CIs'

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hey Rey L

Thanks in Adavnce ,Appreciate your Help on this

But my requirement is quite a different one Per se I have View Designed in our system which i can create a Direct Link for this to reach Related CI's Menu ,Once any user reached this menu there is an option "Enable Related Ci's Retrievel " in the work Pane header So This is what we want to enable by default from System like if anyone log in to system to search for CIs or navigate Views in ITU this should be enabled So that i will Show the related CI,s MAP Automatically ,I do agree we can do this by designing specific View Structure but things get ugly if we have too many CI's to Display in a View

Let me know if you need any further details

Cheers:)
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hey,

thank you for your post.. I have the same requirement. can you provide me the solution and if possible can you share me the supporting doc for me..

Thanks in advance..

Cheers..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Folks 

This request has been submitted to HP as Enhancement request

Will keep you posted once I have more information.

Cheers 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Rey_L,Prasad ,

Just a quick Work around for this is to Set up SMTP and Send Report with Hyperlink enabled in it and any user who has acces to UCMDB when he uses the link it opens up a graphical Representation of the of a Particular CI and This is totally different from what do it from GENERATE DIRECT WIZARD infact it is much better .

I have Test this in HP UCMDB 9.03 /9.05/10.01 All works perfectly well .

We are still waiting for HP's Feed back for our Enhancement request ,will keep you posted once we conclude our findings

Cheers 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.