Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Edit the classification attribute

Hi,

I would like to edit the value of classification attribute of InfrastructureService Type elements in uCMDB  . Though this attribute is marked as Visible and Editable, it is not listed in the attributes and I cannot edit it.

My goal is to use the "Group by classiification" feature in the View Results Pane of IT Universe Manager.

If there is not any way to edit the classification attribute, can I customize the list of "Group by" and add my custom attribute.

Thank you,

Anna

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Edit the classification attribute

If you are willing to change that attribute property you need to do this in the class the attribute was introduced in. In your example, Classification attribute was introduced one level up from InfrustructureElement  in ConfigurationItem. Search for blue attribute vs black in CIT Manager.

The change will affect all CIT inherited from ConfigurationItem. Just to keep this in mind...

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Edit the classification attribute

Thank you for your answer. I have already verified that the "classification" attribute is set to "Visible" at the parent level (where it is blue).

My problem is that I cannot edit it in uCMDB UI, in order to exploit it in the views using the "Broup by claccisification".

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.