Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Enhancement to UCMDB to retrieve home grown software verson

We have UCMDB 10.20.  The customer would like to store the software version in a text file and then have UCMDB read that text file and then put it into a new property field so they could view it in the browser.

Has anyone done that and could give me some pointers on how I might do that?  Alternatively any simpler mechanism?  I've implemented retrieval of particular running software or if an rpm is loaded, but neither would seem to work here.  The running software doesn't show the version and they could have loaded xyz.1.2 and xyz1.5, either of which would be valid, but the highest number is the one we would care about.

Would it require an additonal full node license per node, where we mostly use regular node licenses now?

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Enhancement to UCMDB to retrieve home grown software verson

Hi Mel

If you would like to store the software version in a text file and then have UCMDB read that text file.

Why not check the Excel or CSV integration job, can that meet your requirement?

BR

Dong-xu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Enhancement to UCMDB to retrieve home grown software verson

I will recommend it to the customer, but I don't think they want to be updating a spreadsheet and sending it to me to load every time they update their software.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.